What We Do
Joining a Seattle startup is an exciting and unique opportunity and offers an accelerated career trajectory compared to the traditional Microsofts, Boeings, and Amazons. If a higher salary and startup stock interests you (as it should) – this is the place for you!
Edge Delta is a rapidly growing startup that is disrupting how companies do observability at scale. We are building an Automated Observability platform that uses distributed stream processing to analyze data closest to where it is created. This allows our customers to escape the constraints and architectural limitations of traditional centralized systems, unlocking limitless data analysis, orders of magnitude faster intelligence, and automated anomaly detection.
We are looking for a well-rounded Sr. Backend Engineer who is well versed in the latest technologies and industry trends, a self-starter who can contribute to projects end-to-end, and someone who is excited about the opportunity to collaborate with other engineers, designers, and our product team.
As an early member of a thriving startup, you have the opportunity to make a major impact and build something from the ground up.
- You will design and build software capable of analyzing PB of observability data daily.
- You will write performant, secure, and well-tested code.
- You will ensure that our development environment is best in class by delivering improvements to internal tooling.
- You will drive the loosely defined projects end to end from scoping requirements to launching and monitoring.
- You will work closely with our support team to respond quickly to customer issues and requests.
- You will mentor junior developers and help them in their career growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 5 plus years of experience in a modern development stack.
- Experience working with source control systems, such as git.
- Experience developing & operating production systems.
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients.
- Experience with automated build and test frameworks.
- Ability to write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science
- Experience in CI/CD tools.
- Experience with modern devops stack such Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker & AWS/Azure.
- In-depth knowledge of distributed systems and/or data pipelines.
- Experience with open source frameworks is a plus – especially maintaining or contributing to open source projects!
- Experience in utilizing observability solutions such as Datadog, Splunk, SumoLogic, Elastic.